Story of the World presents world history through narration and storytelling in a four-volume series. While these books are written at increasing levels of difficulty, they might be read aloud to younger children and read independently by older. Provides a classical education approach to history.
- You have the option to listen to the stories on CD instead of reading.
- Siblings from multiple grade levels can work on curriculum together
- Includes many optional project suggestions to deepen students’ understanding of each time period in history
- Parents often enjoy reading/listening to the history
- Vol. 1 -4 will give you a chronological account of history.
- Some of the history is violent
- It says you can use starting in first grade, but you will have to read it to the student and explain many concepts for 1-3rd grade students
- A lot of reading
- Book and workbook are not colorful