Singapore Math Is extremely clear, highly logical and sequential, and has a strong focus on mental math. Students get a good amount of practice without too much repetition. Challenging word problems build thinking skills and help students apply math in a variety of situations.
- We offer the US Standards Edition or the Common Core Edition.
- Visual math “concepts explained through models” to achieve higher conceptual understanding.
- For students who want text instruction and a workbook to help with organization.
- High focus on word problems
- High focus on solving a problem many ways
- For high-level thinkers and those good at math
- Avoid if you are not willing to learn and teach math a bit differently than you were taught.
- Complaints about having to take extra steps to model math concepts
- You need to have time to explain and work through math lessons
- Probably not best for a struggling math student
Video Sneak Peak