History pockets program explores events in history by having students create folder-like pockets out of paper and cover them with written facts and information about events. Students who enjoy crafts and hands-on activities will especially enjoy this program.
- Many hands on activities
- Retain information through writing
- Must like arts and crafts
- Brings history lessons to life.
- The student made history pockets are great keepsakes.
- Content is not heavy or overwhelming – just enough information to keep interest high
- Need to add in prep time
- Writing, coloring and cutting are time-intensive
- Surface level information
- You may need to print some extra pages
- Only available for one year in grades 1-3 and one year in grades 4-5