INTEGRATED PHYSICS AND CHEMISTRY
Integrated Physics and Chemistry is a physical science course designed for high school students needing an entry-level science course covering basic concepts found in chemistry and physics. Topics included in this study are:
- motion and forces,
- work and energy,
- electricity and magnetism, and
Throughout the course, students will have opportunities to observe simulations, investigate ideas, and solve problems–both on screen and away from the computer.
The course seeks to help students expand their knowledge and skills so that they may achieve the following goals:
- Gain an understanding of foundational concepts in physics and chemistry.
- Make careful observations of the surrounding environment.
- Analyze problems and solutions scientifically.
- Integrate science knowledge with real-world situations at local, regional, national, and international levels.
- Appreciate the impact of scientific discovery on everyday life.
Eric Layton, Jen Seretan, Mollie Kottek, Patrick Kailey