Health Quest is a health science elective course for upper elementary and junior high students. The curriculum introduces students to the concepts of what good health is, why good health is important, and what students should do in order to achieve good health.
Upon completion of the course, students should be able to do the following:
- Demonstrate an awareness of health as it applies to their own bodies, minds, and emotions.
- Demonstrate an awareness of health as it applies to their living environments.
- Identify the components of a healthy lifestyle and set reasonable goals to achieve a lifestyle of wellness.
- Understand that incorporating sound health practices creates a lifestyle of moderation and wellness.
- Describe health as it applies to broader society, the world, and their own responsibility to stimulate good health around them.
Health & P.E
Jerry Von (A-L), Morgan WIllnauer (M-Z)